The privacy and security of your personal information are important to us and we will ensure that we keep your data safe and private.
Below we explain who we are, how we collect, use and share information about you, along with the rights that you have with respect to that information.
Who we are
General and Medical Securities Limited (‘G&M’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales with the company registration number 03960461. It is the parent company of the General & Medical group of companies:
General & Medical Finance Ltd - is a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales with the company registered number 03960461. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 579509.
General & Medical Insurance Ltd - is a private limited company incorporated in Guernsey with the company registered number 43984. It is authorised and regulated by The Guernsey Financial Services Commission, registration number 1028569.
ProAmica Ltd - is a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales with the company registration number 04139019. It is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority as an appointed representative of General & Medical Finance Ltd, registration number 535703.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect your personal information, which is based on the information you provide to us when you use any of the following services:
- When you generate a quote or apply for our products and services via our website or mobile device app
- When you provide your details during telephone calls, which may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes, via live online chat, via email, or via any other appropriate channel of communication
- When you make a claim on your insurance policy
- When you participate in competitions and campaigns via our social media
- Feedback forms and surveys
We also may collect your personal information from third parties, such as:
- Companies or individuals that introduce you to us, e.g. your broker or employer
- Medical professionals and hospitals
- Credit reference agencies
- Your family members
Information We Collect
Where G&M is a data controller of your personal data we may collect the following information about you:
- Basic personal data such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, gender
- Financial information such as bank details
- Information relevant to your insurance policy such as your previous policies and claims, information about your employment and lifestyle
- IP address
We may require copies of the following documents:
- Company name
- Company registration number
- Company Regulatory licence
- Incorporation certificate
- Business insurance certificates
We may also collect sensitive personal data about you such as details about your health. For example, we may need your health records for the purpose of providing you with insurance cover or processing claims.
Where this is required, we will only collect it with your full explicit consent. The consent may be withdrawn at any time, but this may mean that we will be unable to provide certain products and services and/or process claims.
Personal information about others
We may collect information about other members of your household or family, for example, family members who may be included on a health insurance policy.
If you give us information about another person it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
How We Use Information
We use your personal information to provide you with an insurance policy and all related services.
We process your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may use your personal data to keep you informed about relevant products and services where you have expressed interest in them and only where we have appropriate legitimate interests.
We may share your personal information within the General & Medical group and the following organisations:
- Insurance underwriters
- Third parties who provide services covered under your insurance policy
- Other third parties who assist us in the administration of your cover or any associated products or services such as IT providers, marketing agencies
- To your family member or a relative that you have nominated to speak to us on your behalf (we will only do this if we get your consent first)
- Credit reference agencies
- Regulators and authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Information Commissioner’s Office, Financial Ombudsman Service, Guernsey Financial Services Commission and The Channel
- Islands Financial Ombudsman
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement agencies
We may use your personal information to contact you to keep you informed about our products, services and offers that may be relevant to you. This is called Marketing communications. We decide what might be relevant to you based on what information you have requested from us previously, for example, an insurance quote. We will only use your personal information for marketing purposes if we have either your consent or a legitimate interest to both you and us. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you are given an option to opt – out in every marketing communication sent to you. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by phone, email or post.
You may request access to a copy of your personal data we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request.
You may request to correct any inaccurate data we hold about you, providing it can be proved to be inaccurate.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing your personal data or to object to processing. However, we reserve the right to reject this request, if there is a legal or regulatory reason for us to keep or process your data.
If you have a complaint, please contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to send your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Find out more how to report a concern at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you have any questions or concerns about how we collect and use your data please contact our Data Protection Officer on 01733 233200 or email@example.com
How long we keep records for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
General & Medical
General & Medical House
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org